How many people do you know that can say they own their own town! You don't see properties like this often so I thought I'd share it with you. If you want to own your own zip code, post office, restaurant, gas station, convenience store and owners ranch keep reading. Wauconda, a small town in eastern Washington is up for auction on eBay. The bidding started at $1 and now the price is up to $370K with two days left.
The property had a price tag over one million dollars when it went up for sale in 2008 but the owners have cut that to $359,000 because of the current real estate market.
Check out the owner's description of the property below:
- RESTAURANT/BAR/GRILL Turn-Key 60 seat/15 table, includes all equipment and fixtures, fully remodeled w/new commercial kitchen, huge walk-in cooler, lots of freezer space, commercial s/s gas grill, range, pizza oven, outside dining new deck, bar currently serving beer and wine, liquor available, has 3 dining areas, pool table, piano and room for a band, new floors and roof
- GAS STATION/CONVENIENCE STORE (established 1898) with new gas pumps and underground tank installed in 2006 at an expense of $160,000, includes all general store inventory and equipment, coolers, cash register.
- USPS Government leased POST OFFICE zip code 98859 established in 1902 with a new 20yr lease.
- OWNERS RANCH...Very private, behind the businesses, 4 acre fully fenced horse property, 4 bedroom newly remodeled house, huge master bedroom, laundry room, lots of closet and storage, multiple entrances, makes a great B&B Bed and Breakfast (especially since theres a restaurant around front), 3 stall barn with hay storage, creek, access to thousands of acres of riding trails in the national forest. Plus, room to build a motel (it would be an instant success, there is a shortage in this area).
- Original 100 yr old homestead LOG CABIN has been converted to huge garage/workshop
The owner says she's selling up because she's tired and wants to retire. The businesses are supposed to be thriving, the store in particular because there's no competition for 15 miles in either direction.
See more on Ebay